Monday, May 11, 2015

Juno Beach

When I booked our house for this weekend in Normandy I chose Courselles Sur Mer.  I didn't know at the time that it was near Juno Beach, about 45 minutes from the American Cemetery and Omaha Beach.  At first I was frustrated with myself, but after seeing the house where we got to stay and enjoying a visit to Juno Beach I was pleasantly surprised.  We were able to walk from our Airbnb house to the beaches.  Malachi was pretty excited.

Addie and Ben were enjoying the fresh air.


We checked out a bunker and then headed to the beach.


There were lots of rocks to throw.


It was a wonderful evening.


I got lots of love.






I love this one of Malachi.


And finally the whole gang on top of a bunker.


From here we walked by the fresh seafood sellers and I bought fresh scallops and took them home and sautéed them for dinner.  It was a great night and the start of a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment