Saturday, October 25, 2014

Chinon: Castles and Brocante

Our second day on vacation we got up early, not a problem for our family, ate pancakes and headed out on an adventure.  All of us, except for Jon, were battling a runny nose and cough.  This little guy was finally starting to feel better.  He loved exploring around our house.


I had fun exploring too, the house and grounds were amazing. 


The morning drive was just beautiful.


I mean, how beautiful is this?


There is a brocante at this chateau on November 1st.  It is about 2 1/2 hours from our house, but I am still considering driving out for it.


We made it to Chinon and headed in to the castle, or what was left.


We could not have asked for a better day.


The sun was definitely shining.  My family does not like the sun in their eyes.  


Much better, we got things turned around.


Garrett makes me laugh, he loves to pose when he sees the camera.


This picture makes me happy.


This picture makes me even happier.


The views from the tower were gorgeous.


We had a lot of fun exploring.


And posing.


The medieval town of Chinon down below.


There was a guest book that the kids signed.



The ceiling in one of the buildings.


One of the old towers.


There were many stories from this castle, the knights Templar traveled through here and Joan of Arc came here for a meeting.


Jon got a good workout carrying Malachi in the backpack.


I love this picture, weary sight seers.  


On our way back to the car.


From there we headed down into the town for this, a monthly brocante.  The vendors were set up along the river.  There was a playground just across the street and I got to listen to the squeals of joy from my children as I shopped.   I walked away with as many treasures as I could carry and it was awesome.  


No comments:

Post a Comment